[xsl] xsl-fo: mixed page layout & column orphans/widows & vertical column balancing/distribution

Subject: [xsl] xsl-fo: mixed page layout & column orphans/widows & vertical column balancing/distribution
From: "Philip Fitzsimons" <pfitzsimons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:36:10 -0000
Hi all, just three quick questions:

mixed page layout:
1) if I set up a page with three columns and put a number of blocks in it -
a mixture of text and tables, how do specify that I want a table to span
multiple columns? note I am not talking about spanning cells here - I have a
table that is bigger than the width of the page columns so I want to flow
into across two page columns.

column orphans/widows:
2) if I have a block which contains one line of text on its own how do I
stop this - I can see how to do it for a page but how for a column? i.e. the
line is on the 2nd column at the bottom and I would have preferred it to be
on the 3rd column at the top.

vertical column balancing/distribution:
3) if I have three columns and fill it with text (say about 90% full) then
the last column will only be abut 70% full - is there anyway to increase
the distrubution of blocks of line spacing to get it to fill the whole
column

thanks in advance!

Philip.