[xsl] xsl:element namespace issues.

Subject: [xsl] xsl:element namespace issues.
From: "Shawn O. McKenzie" <smckenzie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:55:14 -0800
I am producing html output that xml islands in it for a Microsoft help engine. Within the html file there are sections somethin like:

<xml>
   <MSHelp:TOCTitle Title="Foobar Property"/>
   <MSHelp:Keyword index="K" term="Foobar"/>
</xml>

So I need to be able to output <MSHelp:TOCTitle> elements, along with others in the MSHelp namespace. A coworker, using Microsoft's parser simply uses:

<xsl:element name="MSHelp:Keyword">
   <xsl:attribute name="index">K</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="term">Foobar</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:element>

However for me (Linux and libxslt via xsltproc) there is only <Keyword> in the output. I suspect this has something to do with xsl:namespace-alias described in the following:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N5536.html#d5002e1162

But, I guess I just don't get it.