Re: [xsl] get the xsl:variable in an other xsl?

Subject: Re: [xsl] get the xsl:variable in an other xsl?
From: Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:25:36 +0300
Lainaus John Barden <jb@xxxxxxxx>:

| Hi,
|
| I have a problem.
|
| There are 4 Files: data.xml -> data.xsl and details.xml -> details.xsl
|
| I have a xsl:variable in the data.xsl:
| <xsl:variable name="structure">
| <xsl:value-of select="root/data/test"/>
| </xsl:variable>
|
| And there is a link to "details.xml" on the "data.xml" file.
|
| When the user clicks the link, I want to show the xsl:variable from the
| data.xsl on the details.xml page. So I need the variable in the
| details.xsl.
|
| How have I got to do this?
| Is it possible to change the link to details.xml with a parameter (like
| details.xml?structure=blabalbla)? If I do this, how can I then get the
| parameter in the details.xsl?
| Or can I use something like the document() function in the details.xsl
| to get the variable from the other file?

Yes you can use the document() function. In my current work I collect these
variables into separate xsl file which I normally include to the main xsl file.

<xsl:variable name="UpperBackGroundImg"
select="document('images.xml')/xslt/NotunsignedImages/upbg"/>

Now in the main xsl file i can call $UpperBackGroundImg and get the value of
upbg element from images.xml.

Others can add more solutions, since in xslt there no one and only solution to
different needs. Hope I understood the question correcly...If not, sorry in
advance.

Cheers,
Jarkko