[xsl] format number question

Subject: [xsl] format number question
From: JWALLIS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:18:28 -0500
Problem: If the number exist's, and if there leading zeros, drop them. Ex:
054 --> 54, else "" (nothing).
I did the following:
At the top:
<xsl:decimal-format name="staff" NaN="" />

In the body:
<xsl:value-of select='format-number(AAA,"###","staff")'/>

I make the assumption that if there are any characters in this field, then
they are numbers.
This also handles the case where only line-feeds and tabs come in.
I have run various test's without any problems or wierd results.

Question: Anyone see any problems with this?

Side note. I can't believe that this is not discussed in the various FAQ's.
As suggested, I tried to search the mulberrytech site. All searches came
back as not found. Even when I entered NaN. I'm probably not entering
something correctly.
went to Dave Pawson's site but was unable to locate the search engine.

Thanks in advance for comments.

This transmission is intended to be strictly confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy
or disseminate this information. If you have received this in error, please
reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.