RE: [xsl] nodes having same values in same order

Subject: RE: [xsl] nodes having same values in same order
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:27:19 +0100
The first time you asked this you said "no extensions". The fact that
you got no answers probably means that this is very hard to do without
extensions.

The problem is actually underspecified. What do you mean for two
elements to be "the same". Just the same name? Or the same value as
well?

Here's an XPath 2.0 solution:

select="//yyy[some $x in //xxx satisfies deep-equal(., $x)]"

I'm afraid I'm too busy writing XSLT 2.0 specs right now to spend time
finding a 1.0 solution for you!

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx