[xsl] XML to XML transformation

Subject: [xsl] XML to XML transformation
From: "Simon Kelly" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:20:18 +0200
Hi all,

I have been looking throught the xslt-cookbook to try to work out the best
was of turning an flat XML document, in to quite a deep complex document.
But I am having a couple of problems working out what it the best way of
doing this in xsl.

The flat structure is an output from a relational db, using ROWSET, ROW then
$column-name as the child node identifiers.  However, I will be keeping none
of the node names in the new structure, and I want xsl to create a new
document and not a string output.  I am using the
javax.xml.transform.Transformer.

I also need the transform to be very quick, as the relational document size
can be in excess of 4MB.

Has anyone done this sort of transform creating a Document as output?

Cheers

Simon

Institut fuer
Prozessdatenverarbeitung