[xsl] replace attribute name

Subject: [xsl] replace attribute name
From: Florian Bauer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:45:39 +0200
Hi there

I have the following Problem.

I have an xml file with the follwing structure:

<document>
	<article>
		<head></head>
		<text>
			<paragraph></paragraph>
			<paragraph></paragraph>
		</text>
		<date>
			<day></day>
			<month></month>
			<year></year>
		</date>
		<source></source>
		<portal></portal>
		<ID number="000.000"/>
	</article>
	<article>
	[...]
	</article>
	[...]
</document>

and I want to replace the name of the attribute of ID ("number") with "idnumber" and leave the whole other contend like it is. So, I want a document with the same contend expect the attributename ...

Copying the contend was not the problem (I hope I did it in a correct way):

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="xml"/>

<xsl:variable name="finance" select="document('finance.xml')"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
   <document>
   <xsl:for-each select="//document/article">
         <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
   </xsl:for-each>
   </document>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

but how can I repalce the attribute ... would be great If someone could help me....

greetings Florian Bauer