RE: [xsl] Editing URLs

Subject: RE: [xsl] Editing URLs
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:40:24 +0100
Are you sure you just want to add "http://"; in front of the URL? If so
it's trivial, as several respondants have shown. But I would have
thought what you really wanted was to transform the relative URI into an
absolute URI, by resolving it against some base URI (typically the base
URI of the element in the source document). That can be done in XPath
2.0 using the resolve-uri() function, but it's not straightforward in
1.0, and probably needs an extension function to get it right.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx