Re: [xsl] Normalize-Space for a template

Subject: Re: [xsl] Normalize-Space for a template
From: me@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 13:17:14 -0700 (PDT)
> In your example, I didn't see where you performed an
> "normalization" of
> white space.  Is that because with this approach, it
is
> not necessary?
It is not necessary because I didn't introduce any
white space into what will become the href value
(granted that could have been due to my editor). The
lines:

<xsl:attribute name="href">
<xsl:value-of select="$fullURI"/>
</xsl:attribute>

could read

<xsl:attribute name="href">
<xsl:value-of select="normalize-space($fullURI)"/>
</xsl:attribute>

or even

<xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:value-of
select="normalize-space($fullURI)"/></xsl:attribute>

The main difference between what I wrote an the
original was I am building the value-of the href before
I am using it using

<xsl:variable name="fullURI">
<xsl:value-of select="$url"/>&<xsl:value-of
select="$Query"/>
</xsl:variable>

So its "all put together" when I use it. The way it was
originally read (to the parser at least)

<xsl:attribute name="href">[enter]
[tab]<xsl:value-of select="$url"/>&[enter]
[tab]<xsl:value-of select="$Query"/>[enter]
</xsl:attribute>

Which could produce unsightly white space.

hope that helps (and I didn't make any errors in my
explanation)

http://treebeard.sourceforge.net
http://ashpool.sourceforge.net