RE: [xsl] [saxon] unwanted line breaks in HTML output

Subject: RE: [xsl] [saxon] unwanted line breaks in HTML output
From: mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 10:05:16 -0700
Sorry about not including the xslt.  Didn't mean to confuse.

Unfortunately, using indent="no" globally introduces a host of other
problems, so I guess I'll just stick with translating spaces to

But, how about an enhancement request for a 'saxon:indent' attribute on
template elements?  This could be used to override the <xsl:output> indent
attribute for output generated within the template.  Do you think this
would be possible/useful?

Mark Fletcher
PeopleSoft Language Engineering
925.694.3753
mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Michael Kay"
                      <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>                   To:       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:  RE: [xsl] [saxon] unwanted line breaks in HTML output
                      rrytech.com

                      05/09/2003 05:45 AM
                      Please respond to xsl-list

> So, is it not possible to control where Saxon breaks text nodes?

If you want more precise control over the output, then use indent="no".

And please, next time you post a question on this list, include your
XSLT code. Asking people to debug stylesheets without seeing them is
quite unreasonable - I was completely mystified for several minutes
until the possibility occurred to me that you were using d-o-e and not
telling us.

Michael Kay