Re: [xsl] Comparison of XSL and XSLTC

Subject: Re: [xsl] Comparison of XSL and XSLTC
From: Kevin Jones <kjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:23:24 +0100
On Thursday 15 May 2003 12:53, Jarkko Moilanen wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2003, Kevin Jones wrote:
> > We have a general XSLT benchmark that we use for comparing processor
> > performance (see www.sarvega.com). On XalanJ 2.5D1 it indicates XSLTC is
> > roughly x3 the performance of XalanJ.
>
> In my own tests I have come to results that indicate C version to be
> better/ more performace when processing document oriented data. And Java
> based better when dealing with data oriented sourcetree.

Are you comparing against XalanC (the C code version) here as apposed to XSLTC
(the XSLT compiler to Java bytecode). From the last figures we produced we
also see some oddities between XalanC and XalanJ. XalanC scores higher
slightly higher overall but there are a couple of tests where it does really
badly making it worse than XalanJ. Comparing against other processors it does
appear to be a problem with XalanC doing badly rather than XalanJ doing
particularly well.

Regards,
Kev.