RE: [xsl] XSL Filtering Question

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL Filtering Question
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:45:15 -0400
[Grant, Kathryn]

> I have an XSL document that filters an XML document,
> selecting all <coderec> items with a country attribute equal
> to "Canada":
>
> 	<xsl:for-each select="//statecodes/coderec[@country='canada']">
>
> I'd like to do a variation on this, filtering for all
> <coderec> items which contain the word "Canada" anyplace
> children; it only contains text.)

contains(//statecodes/coderec,"Canada")

You might want to see if you can avoid the for-each (see my reply to
Alan Gardner's question with the subject " Xpath and for-each looping")
and  the "//"  in the interest of efficiency, but if your files are
small or run fast enough, the "//" probably is OK to leave as is.

Cheers,

Tom P