Re: [xsl] URL parameters in xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] URL parameters in xsl
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:52:40 +0100
> Thanks for all your replies. None of these solutions work though. the
> xsl file won't recognise the url - is this because it's generated from
> an .asp file!

You haven't given anyone anything like enough information to answer your
questions.

Your first question appeared just to be about string handling,

> I desperately need a way to extract the uid parameter from a URL
> (eg. http://192.168.22.105/default.asp?uid=2) a

which answer is just to use substring-before and substring-after
to get 192.168.22.105.

XSLT only uses a URL as a URL in the document() function to access an
input XML file. XSLT in that case wil just make ann http get request and
parse what comes back as xml, so it doesn't matter what technology on
the server generates taht result, asp (xslt, jsp, ...)

David