[xsl] having a problem with namespaces....

Subject: [xsl] having a problem with namespaces....
From: "Jordan Willms" <jpwillms@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:41:33 -0700
Hi there,

     I am using a XSLT translation on an XML document to make sure it
will be in valid form when compared to a schema.

Here is what I want it to look like in the end : (a valid lom metadata
xml file)

http://www.samplecity.net/willms_jay/cancore_ex2.xml

Notice the namespace within the lom tag, namely :

xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2
http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2p2.xsd";

I would like the to appear in the final outputted xml, but they don't,
and I don't know how to make them..

The XSLT is located at :

http://www.samplecity.net/willms_jay/ims2imsrepair.xsl

and an example final output file here :

http://www.samplecity.net/willms_jay/xslouput.xml

As you can see, it contains the namespace
xmlns:cancore=http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2 which I guess was
added automatically. Well, I don't want this namespace in there, and I
need the namespace from the first xml file cancore_ex2.xml to also be in
the outputted xml file, any clues on how I can do this? I am very lost.

Thank you.

Jordan Willms
Research Assistant, Simon Fraser University (jpwillms@xxxxxx)