[xsl] getting value-of current row in FOR-EACH and passing variable to a hyperlink

Subject: [xsl] getting value-of current row in FOR-EACH and passing variable to a hyperlink
From: "Brian Lewandowski" <skilzz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:47:09 +0000
I'm using a FOR-EACH like:

----
<xsl:for-each select="ROOT/Level1/Level2">
-----

Then building a table by defining columns:

------
--------

but, I want to hyperlink one of the columns to use an http:// sql query

-----
<a

href="http://munsql01/DCR?SQL=SELECT+*+FROM+DailyView+where+prodDate+=+'5/2

3/2003'+for+xml+auto,elements&amp;xsl=Prodview.xsl&amp;root=ROOT">
<xsl:value-of select="ProdID">
</a>
------

but need to add a variable in the query that uses the current row's ProdID.
Basically somehow add 'and ProdID=<xsl:value-of select="ProdID">'
Into that query.

This leaves me with 2 questions:

1. How do I have more control over the value-of in a for-each per row? When

I attempt to test using a variable it always pulls the first row's value

and not the row that it is currently in. Is there a way to reference the

current row's value and not the first one in the list?

2. Once I have established a way to use the current row's value-of, how

would I pass that into the hyperlinked query as an argument, adding the

where ProdID=currentrow ProdID?

Any help is most appreciated as this seems to be a general naviagation

issue and would seem common, I cannot find reference to this anywhere after

extensive searching. I basically need to reference the current rows value

instead of the first in the list.

Thank you,
Brian Lewandowski