RE: [xsl] Finding immediately preceding node.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Finding immediately preceding node.
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:12:02 -0400
[ Betty Harvey]

> I want to get the a true when I am inside <b name="cde"> and
> the preceding <b> contains the attribute 'name="abc"'.
>
> <a>
>   <b name="abc"/>
>      <c/>
>   <b>
>      <c/>
>   </b>
>   <b name="abc">
>      <c/>
>   </b>
>   <b name="cde">
>     <c/>

Betty, what do you mean here?  By "inside", do you mean that a template
is processing a child of a b element?  Could it also be processing a "b"
element?  Could there be other children of a "b" besides just a "c"?
Can these other elements be nested within a "c" or one of the other
children?  In other words, how deep does "inside" go?  Do you always
need to know for any template that processes a child of b, or just for
certain ones?

Can you dispatch to different templates depending on the b's preceding
"b" sibling?

Tell us more!

Cheers,

Tom P