Re: [xsl] template match : node-set paring through multiple-axis relationships

Subject: Re: [xsl] template match : node-set paring through multiple-axis relationships
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 19:12:15 +0100
>  I am disappointed that no
> one responded to my request, even to say "boy, that sure is a different
> problem".  :(

I didn't respond as I didn't understand your problem description (still
don't) I also don't understand your proposed solution, which seems very
strange.

                <xsl:variable name="b2"
select="parent::a/parent::a/child::b" />

so b2 is empty or not just if your parent and grantparent are called a
and you have an aunt called b.

<xsl:variable name="focus" select="current()"/>

so focus is the current node.

 test="current()[$b2]

$b2 is a node set so if used as a predicate it is true if and only if it
is non empty. It's a bit odd to use that in a path expression as it is a
constant predicate it doesn't depend on the nodes being filtered

[$focus]

the focus variable is always non empty as it is the current node, so
this predicate is the same as [true()] and never does anything.

[//

again it is very strange to start a predicate with // as it means that
you are filtering a node set based on a filter that will have a constant
value over the set being filtered.

Sorry I can't suggest what you should have as I'm not sure what your
transformation is trying to test.

David