[xsl] How to convert a numeric xs:gDay into a day name

Subject: [xsl] How to convert a numeric xs:gDay into a day name
From: "thei" <thei@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:03:46 +1000
Hello,

I just have what I hope is a simple question.

I have some dates in their numeric form, that is, the days are numbered
from 01 to 31. I'd like to convert them into their English equivalents -
Monday, Tuesday, etc. It's easy to do with months, 01 = January... but
with days, it varies from year to year and month to month. I have a
feeling this has been asked before but couldn't find a simple answer. Is
there any function or easy way to do this? Or even any complex way? :-)

Thanks for any help.

Printed on 100% recycled electrons.
http://nedmartin.org/