Re: [xsl] How to test if the variable contains nodeset or not

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to test if the variable contains nodeset or not
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:30:38 +0100
  Now I need to test, if a parameter within called template contains nodeset
  or it contains string, because when it is not handled I get exception > The
  value is not a node-set

you could do, but easier than testing is to make the default an empty
node set rather than an empty string, then
 <xsl:when test="$messages/tr/td">
will just test as false rather than be an error.

  <xsl:call-template name="normalize-messages">
      <xsl:with-param name="messages" select="/..">
David