RE: [xsl] every tenth row change bgcolor

Subject: RE: [xsl] every tenth row change bgcolor
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:06:06 +0100
Ken:
>So, you will see below a working version where I tighten up the node
>processing by pushing only the nodes that are to be affected by the
>position() function in the current node list, and the counting modulo
>arithmetic is based on the grouping of 10 Rows, not the combination of 10
>Rows and 10 Text nodes.
>
>I hope this helps.

Hi Ken,

Sorry to be picky, but here you mention 'pushing' nodes to a template using <xsl:apply-templates select="foo"/>, I've always regarded that as pulling... is that right?  I've always thought the only way you can use 'push' is through a basic <xsl:apply-templates/> where the next node to process is decided by document order, with any select statement (apply-templates or for-each) pulling nodes through (e.g. the nodes to process are decided by the stylesheet).

I may be missing one of the fundamentals here :)

Cheers
andrew

---