Re: [xsl] Statistics - Calculating Standard Deviation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Statistics - Calculating Standard Deviation
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:57:21 -0700 (PDT)
> I'd like to be able to calculate the standard deviation of a set of
> numbers - much as sun() does.
> I've had a look at various websites, extensions etc, and cannot find
> anything.
> Does anyone know if such functionality is available (and if so - where I
> can get it from:)) or should I write my own?

Exactly one year ago I wrote an XSLT application for the calculation of Hurst's
exponent using FXSL. I think part of the calculations involved obtaining the SD.

In case you're interested, I would try to find it for you.

However, be warned that without extensions this is *slow*.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.