Re: [xsl] How can I put some javascript into an xslt page

Subject: Re: [xsl] How can I put some javascript into an xslt page
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:41:37 +0100
Hi Lionel,

> Here is what I tried but the value nbuser is not found.
>
> <xsl:template match="users">
> <xsl:variable name="nbuser">hello</xsl:variable>
>   <script language="javascript">
>     function lionel() {   document.write(string($nbuser)); }
>   </script>
>   <script language="javascript">lionel();</script>

I think that you're trying to produce the output:

  <script language="javascript">
    function lionel() { document.write('hello'); }
  </script>
  <script language="javascript">lionel();</script>

and you want the "hello" bit to come from the value of the $nbuser
variable, as declared in XSLT. To get the value of a variable, use
<xsl:value-of>:

  <xsl:value-of select="$nbuser" />

Place this instruction in the place where you want the value of the
variable to appear within the HTML that you're generating:

  <script language="javascript">
    function lionel() { document.write('<xsl:value-of select="$nbuser" />'); }
  </script>
  <script language="javascript">lionel();</script>

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison