[xsl] Only 10 days until the final deadline for comments about the Last Call WD of XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators

Subject: [xsl] Only 10 days until the final deadline for comments about the Last Call WD of XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:58:43 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,

It was just by chance today that I happened to visit and read this WD, which is in
the stage of Last Call: http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/

Hopefully it was again just a mere chance that I found a problem in 10 minutes
reading.

Then I had a look at the front matter and saw that we have only 10 days left for
comments.

As promoting this document to the status of "Candidate Recomendation" or "Proposed
Recommendation" is going to considerably affect all of us, I think that it would be
very useful if we try to concentrate on this document and produce our comments
before it is too late.

According to the W3C Process Document, a necessary condition for the advancement of
a document from its last call stage is that "the Working Group has formally
addressed all issues raised during the Last Call review period (possibly modifying
the technical report); "

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/tr.html#RecsCR

This guarantees that the WG must address any comment made during the Last Call
review period.

Therefore, let's make one last review of this WD so that we could really contribute
to its usefulness and quality.

The email address for comments provided in the WD is:

         public-qt-comments@xxxxxx

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.