Re: [xsl] xsl:number problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:number problem
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:10:47 -0400
See, I wondered about this.

At 12:08 PM 6/20/2003, David wrote:
However

After I changed to <xsl:number level="any" count="productId[publisher='NETg' or publisher='Wave']"/> or
<xsl:number level="any" count="//productId[publisher='NETg' or publisher='Wave']"/>

Clearly the second expression starting with // will always give the same
value as it always counts all the nodes in the document, since it starts
with / it does not depend on the current node at all.

I suppose I should try this. The value of @count is a match pattern, isn't it?

Always finding more corners to enlighten,
Wendell

    "Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
     the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
     extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau