RE: [xsl] Optimizing Trax

Subject: RE: [xsl] Optimizing Trax
From: "Schwartz, Rechell R, ALABS" <rrschwartz@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:24:53 -0500
Rob,

I found the following code on-line, but it didn't improve the
performance at all. The xml file that is compiled is always dynamic,
while the xsl file is static. Any idea what could be wrong.

Rechell Schwartz

 public XslTransformer (String theXslFileName)
        throws TransformerConfigurationException
    {
        xslFileName  = theXslFileName;

        Templates templates = (Templates)CACHE.get(theXslFileName);
        if (templates == null)
        {
            TransformerFactory factory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();

          	templates = factory.newTemplates(new
StreamSource(xslFileName));

            CACHE.put(theXslFileName, templates);
        }
        transformer  = templates.newTransformer();
    }