RE: [xsl] XML to PDF

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML to PDF
From: "Matthias Fischer" <it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:41:40 +0200
Interesting idea, I like the concept of "hoppers". Where can the DTD of PDF
be found, and how would you then generate the real PDF file out of that XML?

Matthias Fischer

<Q> -----Original Message-----
<Q> From: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Q> [mailto:owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dennis
<Q> Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 7:33 AM
<Q> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Q> Subject: Re: [xsl] XML to PDF
<Q>
<Q>
<Q> Surely XSL-Fo is the best way to go.
<Q> Another approach is to create an XSLT that will parse
<Q> a predefined XML (That represents the structure of
<Q> PDF).
<Q> Use Another XSLT to convert ur data XML to this
<Q> predefined XML format.
<Q> This is brute force approach to create and XSL. This
<Q> approach would be there to for generating simple PDF's
<Q>
<Q> -Dennis
<Q>
<Q>
<Q>
<Q>
<Q> --- Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
<Q> > > I'd like transform my XML into PDF fromat using
<Q> > XSL.
<Q> >
<Q> > Use XSLT to produce an XML description of the layout
<Q> > using the XSL Formatting
<Q> > Objects (XSL-FO) vocabulary. Then run this through
<Q> > the Apache FOP processor to
<Q> > produce a PDF file.
<Q> >
<Q> > http://xml.apache.org/fop/ should have pretty much
<Q> > all the info you need.
<Q> >
<Q> >  XSL-List info and archive:
<Q> > http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list
<Q> >
<Q>
<Q>
<Q> Do you Yahoo!?
<Q> SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
<Q> http://sbc.yahoo.com
<Q>
<Q>  XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list
<Q>