Re: [xsl] xslt component

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt component
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:52:12 +0200
Ai, Larry wrote:
            <xsl:template name="getsvg">
                <xsl:param name="data"/>
                <xsl:value-of select="string(convert:getSVG($data))"/>
However, this approach does not work and I am not sure what went wrong!

I'm not sure either, but I guess you run your XSLT porcessor SAX-pipelined to the FO processor, which gets a string rather than a parsed XML tree for the SVG. Try to run the XSLT standalone, save the result to a file, and check whether the resulting file can be processed by your FO processor. This won't help you much for solving your original problem directly. There are, however, several approaches to solve your original problem. I'd need some more details on how you are running your software for this: does it run batch/CLI or embedded, in case of the latter: which framework, can you use an URL to acess the SVG data, can you plug a custom URIResolver into your XSLT processor etc.

J.Pietschmann