Re: [xsl] background-image being enlarged in final output

Subject: Re: [xsl] background-image being enlarged in final output
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:36:59 +0200
Aimee Rodgers wrote:

I have a JPEG image defined for 8.5" x 11" paper. The JPEG itself prints fine - the image stays within the margin constraints, etc... However, when I use this same JPEG as a background-image in my XSL, the output shows the background image being blown up/enlarged. Only the upper left hand portion of the image displays on the final output.

What FO processor are you using? The size of external graphics can't be controlled the same way the size of external-graphics can be controlled. You are stuck with the (usually fixed) resolution the processor chooses for teh background image. The spec does not mandate any specific behaviour with respect to chhsing the resolution of bitmap background images.

J.Pietschmann