RE: [xsl] Chain of XSL Transformations

Subject: RE: [xsl] Chain of XSL Transformations
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:47:16 -0400
[Adrian Grigore]

> So, is there any other tool that would take the output from
> the nth xsl
> template and apply the next if necessary as described above?
> Of course I
> could code something like this, but why re-invent the wheel
> if someone
> might have done it already... :-)

If the downstream stylesheet to apply depends on the result of the
transformation, I would use a processor, like Saxon, that lets me write
multiple output files, and I would use that capability to write a second
file containing the next stylesheet to use - say in a file called
"next.txt"

Then I would use a batch file to create the command line to do the next
transformation, and so the chain that way.

Cheers,

Tom P