Re: [xsl] variable incrementing in XSLT -- XSLT spec

Subject: Re: [xsl] variable incrementing in XSLT -- XSLT spec
From: Daniel Bibbens <dbibbens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:11:19 -0500
Exactly! Michael Kay goes explains this very well in his book, "XSLT
Programmer's Reference". Functional programming is a good thing (even
if you have to adjust the way you develop solutions to problems). The
future of XSLT is harmed greatly if one compromises on this point. Why
not use another language if you MUST alter the value of your variables?

(I also thought Java was complete with java.lang.*, java.io.*, and
java.net.* but then I digress...)