Re: AW: [xsl] how to test for the element type of the current node

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] how to test for the element type of the current node
From: Godmar Back <gback@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 02:02:31 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for your replies.  self::B as well as local-name()='B' worked.

> >But I couldn't figure that out either:  "not(B)", for instance, is a
> >boolean and not a node set.
>
> 	test="not(B)"
> this should work perfect. All Elements which are not B.

This version assumed I'd use two consecutive for-each clauses, one
for the B children and one for not-B-children.

So we'd be talking about a select="not(B)" here, wouldn't we?

When I try this though:

<xsl:foreach select="not(B)">
    some diagnostic output here
    <xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:foreach>

It seems to only select a single item and not apply any templates in
apply-templates(!?)

	- Godmar