RE: [xsl] Using XSLT to add markup to a document

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using XSLT to add markup to a document
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:52:39 -0400
As Ed used to say to Johnny, "You are correct, sir!". XSLT 1.0 is good at working with elements and attributes and so forth. What you want to do is create an element where none existed before and there are no XML semantic cues to identify them. You have two choices, upgrade to the latest Saxon version which supports XSLT 2.0 features like regular expression matching, or go the non-XSL route and pre-process your XML document with Perl (or another language that supports regular expression matching) and add the new markup before you run your XSLT transform. Having said that, I expect that Dimitre Novachev will now tell you that he has just the thing you need in his FXSL bag o' tricks.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email