Re: [xsl] Generating CSV : Line feed and carriage return not working

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generating CSV : Line feed and carriage return not working
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:45:28 +0100
Hi Allistair,

> I a using
>
> <xsl:output method="text"/>
>
> And then to get a new line I have tried both
>
> &#10;&#13;
>
> and
>
> <xsl:text>&#10;&#13;</xsl:text>
>
> Neither generates a new line when I view the output in IE 6.

The latter (using <xsl:text>) should give you a new line (actually two
newlines probably). The problem is probably that when you view your
document in IE6, it thinks you're viewing HTML, in which whitespace
isn't significant. Try performing the transformation using a
command-line XSLT processor so that you can save the result and then
have a look at that result in a normal text editor; you should see the
newlines.

Cheers,

Jeni

---