[xsl] selective non duplicates

Subject: [xsl] selective non duplicates
From: "C Wilson" <corey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:29:43 -0400
I am trying to select the non duplicate entries out of my xml document, but
it doesn't seem to be working.  I do not want the distinct productId's out
of the whole document, only the distinct productId in the current
"clients/client/commissions/commission/product"  The statement I have below
seems to give me all of them, no matter if they are a duplicate or not....
(statement [1] gives me the same results as statement [2])  This leads me to
believe that not(productId = preceding-sibling::product/productId is always
true...

[1]
sum(clients/client[commissions/commission/earnerId =
$curEarner]/products/product[id=../../commissions/commission[earnerId=$curEa
rner]/product/productId and not(productId =
preceding-sibling::product/productId]/count)

[2]
sum(clients/client[commissions/commission/earnerId =
$curEarner]/products/product[id=../../commissions/commission[earnerId=$curEa
rner]/product/productId]/count)

<earners>
   <earner>
      <id />