[xsl] Re: Re: Microsoft.XMLDOM UTF-8 Encoding!

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Microsoft.XMLDOM UTF-8 Encoding!
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:19:21 +0200

It is not at all your English. In your previous message you wrote:

> I dont have problem to parse the XML. All caracters are UTF-8 encoding.
> So response.write(dom.transformNode(xsl)) show the writh thing!

You are using the transformNode() method. It is returning a BSTR and this is
UTF-16.

Regardless of whatever you do the output will be UTF-16.

As I already pointed out, the solution is to use transformNodeToObject() and
pass to it the response object as parameter, or to use IXSLProcessor and set
its output property to the response object.

This must have been put in the xslt-FAQ, but I didn't find it there:

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200108/msg00541.html

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.