AW: [xsl] Microsoft.XMLDOM UTF-8 Encoding!

Subject: AW: [xsl] Microsoft.XMLDOM UTF-8 Encoding!
From: Markus Abt <abt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:26:18 +0200
Hello [Tech],

I guess your problem is: the XML file you are generating is
correct UTF-8, but it doesn't contain the right characters.

I tried your web example. When I type in one non-ASCII character,
then save the resulting XML source file, it contains 4 bytes for
that character (which are displayed as 2 UTF-8 characters in the browser).

Maybe the problem is this line of your code:
  oEnreg.Text = request.form("texte")

It looks like taking a UTF-8 text, misinterpreting it, and converting it
later again to UTF-8 during the save.

Your parsing and transforming in ASP seems to contain another bug
(which Dimitre pointed out) which happens to eleminate the first one.

Bye,
Markus
Markus Abt
Comet Computer GmbH