RE: [xsl] <xsl:for-each> not working...

Subject: RE: [xsl] <xsl:for-each> not working...
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:01:47 +0100
> Sir, your recommended piece of code doesn't do much different from what my
> code was doing.

well it added a test so that it would only output the <a name="out"
anchor for one of the ancestors that had the string "Outputs" in its
name attribute, which was what I thought you asked for. Your test file
as posted later though only had one element with such an attribute so
the extra test would do nothing in that case, so probably I didn't
understand the question.

By the way do you really mean contains(@name,'Outputs') here (and
similarly your other tests) your test file had the attribute equal to
this string, if a test of @name='Outputs' is acceptable you could
probably simplify greatly as with = you can do existential
quantification as in ancestor::*/@name='Outputs'  which tests if any
ancestor has that attribute, a form that you can't do so easily with
contains().

David