Re: [xsl] Extracting values from the XML data source

Subject: Re: [xsl] Extracting values from the XML data source
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:28:15 +0100
  Is it possible to extract a value from the xml data and place it into a
  stylesheet variable at the time of processing ?

er, yes of course

<xsl:variable name="x" select="elementname"/>

makes $x refer to the element node selected by elementname

But I suspect that wasn't the question you meant to ask?

  My reason for needing to do this is that I would like to restrict the number
  of 'rows' returned by the style sheet dynamically.

Typically you wouldn't need a variable to do that, so I'm not sure how
that relates to your question.

David