[xsl] passing values from JavaScript to XSL using MSXML3

Subject: [xsl] passing values from JavaScript to XSL using MSXML3
From: Neil Smith <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:36:15 +0100
At 02:30 21/07/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 03:00:10 -0400
From: "Sergey Demidenko" <sergeyd@xxxxxxx>

Load your stylesheet then reference the param using an XPath expression :
Replace 'sortvalue' by whatever your intended value is then transform the XML document as normal with your modified stylesheet.

oxmlStyleSheet=new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument");
oxmlStyleSheet.selectSingleNode("//xsl:param[@name='sortBy']").value=sortvalue;

oxmlStyleSheet.selectSingleNode("//xsl:param[@name='sortBy']").setAttribute("select",'date');

Depends on your question :-)

I need to pass a value from JavaScript code to <xsl:param name="sortBy"
select="'date'" /> in XSL code.
How would I accomplish this?

PS the XPath may not be exactly right for your document - please check and modify if necessary. Sorry if this was already answered - I was out all weekedn at a festival :-)

Cheers - Neil