Re: AW: [xsl] Sorting and re-ordering down a hierarchy

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] Sorting and re-ordering down a hierarchy
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:29:07 +0000

Hi,

>Does anybody else have a solution, and can anyone tell me why my solution
>does not work?

><xsl:template match="input">
>	<xsl:apply-templates select="node">
>		<xsl:sort select="node/rank" data-type="number"
order="ascending"/>
>	</xsl:apply-templates>
></xsl:template>

The statement select="node" defines the set which is sorted.
You have different call to the template with different sets.
Each is sorted. Where is the problem?

Regards,

Juergen

The problem is that _not_ each are sorted - not according to what I see, at least.
If you look at the second level of output, you can see that they are in the original (input) order. Only the first level is sorted ascendingly.

Regards,

Ragulf Pickaxe :)