[xsl] Change text on given node at runtime

Subject: [xsl] Change text on given node at runtime
From: jeff.day@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:30:05 +0100
Hi

Can you please give some guidance on this...

I would like to be able, at runtime, to parse an XML file and change

<A>Original text</A>

<A>Some new text</A>

On the next occasion I might want to do this...

<F>Old text</F>

change to

<F>New text</F>

So at runtime I need to pass in two parameters that specify the required
node and the new text for it.

There are two issues: Either change the text in every node called <A>
throughout the document or else only change <A> along a particular path. A
solution to either (or both?) option will do for me.

Of course the rest of the document must remain in its entirety, e.g.
attributes, children etc.

Many thanks for any help given.

Regards

Jeff