[xsl] Mozilla and IE6 are different with disable-output-escaping="yes"

Subject: [xsl] Mozilla and IE6 are different with disable-output-escaping="yes"
From: Tig <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:56:05 +1000
Hi, I have a simple XML and XSL page, but I'm having problems dealing
with user-entered HTML tags. The ASP part of the site generates the XML
when data is updated. The user data can contain basic HTML, so this data
is escaped when the XML is made (<br /> becomes &lt;br /&gt; for
example).

My understanding of XSL is not great however I did believe that
disable-output-escaping="yes" would render the escaped HTML back as
HTML. IE6 deals with this as I assumed and the results are great,
however Mozilla (and Firebird) both seem to ignore the
disable-output-escaping="yes" option.

Some links to the problem
XML: http://planetquake.com/lvl/xml/maps/ci.xml
XSL: http://planetquake.com/lvl/xml/maps/lvlmap.xsl
The real site is: http://planetquake.com/lvl/

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion?

-Tig