Re: [xsl] recursion with xsl:apply-templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] recursion with xsl:apply-templates
From: Volker Witzel <volker.witzel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:01:48 +0200
<xsl:apply-templates select>

that isn't well formed XML so you should get an XML parse error and XSLT
should not start and so not produce any result.
Sorry, was a cut/copy/paste error. It is
	<xsl:apply-templates>

<xsl:template match="IRF"> <xsl:copy> <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/> <xsl:apply-templates select="descendant::*"/>

are you _sure_ you want to apply templates on the descendent axis
This is _very_ unusual. This will mean that for example most
grandchildren will be processed twice, once here, as a descendent of
IRF and again when the templates handling the children of IRF apply
templates to their children.
No, seems to be another problem. I just wanted to make sure, that only children of IRF are processed from the generic node-processing template. Thanks for the hint, I changed it to
<xsl:apply-templates/>

Anyway, my primary problem remains. Any ideas?
Volker.