Re: [xsl] xsltproc and XML catalog

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsltproc and XML catalog
From: Taro Ikai <tikai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:09:38 -0400
>   For troubles with xsltproc see http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html
> this is not an XSLT question, that's not the appropriate forum.
> IMHO stacking URI+Cygwin "unix" remapping+Windows path sounds a
> good way to get in trouble. Either use Unix filepaths or use Windows
> filepaths with Windows libraries, but mixing all this together on
> top of the already messy file:// URI constructs sounds just a recipe
> for disaster. Unless you like doing this kind of debugging, don't do
> this.
>
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Veillard      | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
> daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
> http://veillard.com/ |

Thank you, Daniel. At this point, I'm still trying to figure out the
correct
use of catalogs. Once I figure it out, and I still find there are
problems, I might file bug reports. I hope you don't mind me posting a
few more questions now.

I have a document that XInclude's a document in a subdirectory:

<!DOCTYPE set PUBLIC "-//mycompany//DTD DocBook XML V4.2-Based Extension
V1.0//EN" "mycustomized-docbook.dtd" [
]>
<set>
  <title>Test</test>
  <xi:include href="subdir1/book1.xml"/>
</set>

and the XInclude'd document, subdir1/book1.xml, contains the same DOCTYPE
declaration:

<!DOCTYPE set PUBLIC "-//mycompany//DTD DocBook XML V4.2-Based Extension
V1.0//EN" "mycustomized-docbook.dtd" [
]>
<book>
  <title>blah, blah</title>
</book>

1) If the XML catalog contains no entry to resolve the PUBLIC identifier,
and therefore tries to resolve the SYSTEM identifier, is it supposed to
look for

  a) "mycutomized-docbook.dtd", or
  b) "subdir1/mycustomized-docbook.dtd"

2) Does xsltproc handle @prefer attribute in <group> element of XML