[xsl] formatting xml output: inserting newlines between generated attributes

Subject: [xsl] formatting xml output: inserting newlines between generated attributes
From: "Abie Hamaoui" <ahama5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:17:52 +0000
hello,
I want to be able to generate an xml element using <xsl:element/attribute, etc. such that the output xml file has a newline between each attribute. my hunch is that this is impossible in current tools b/c xml is content- rather than display- oriented, but I wanted to at least ask.

(the usefulness of this feature would be in debugging - for human readability, and also in order to be able to grep on an attribute name and have returned a set of lines that contain only that attribute for a bunch of elements.)
***
an example xml output file would be:
<a
attrib1="val1"