[xsl] Getting error in xalan !! (UnsupportedClassExceptionError)

Subject: [xsl] Getting error in xalan !! (UnsupportedClassExceptionError)
From: Dipesh Khakhkhar <dkhakhkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:20:15 -0400
Hi,

I installled Xalan for java, version 2.5.1 and set the classpath. I am having
java 1.4.2.

When I tried to run the sample examples in it, I got he following error.
"UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/xalan/xslt/Process (Unsupported
major minor version 48.0)"

I am not able to figure out what exactly is the cause of the error. Does it
have to do anything with the virtual machine version. I have installed
jsdk1.4.2. My classpath information is also correct.

Can anyone please tell me why this error is coming. Any hints will be highly
appreciated.

Waiting for reply.

Regards,
Dipesh