[xsl] whats the best way to create and use values for lookup (key-value) such that you can loop through it with limits

Subject: [xsl] whats the best way to create and use values for lookup (key-value) such that you can loop through it with limits
From: "SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:36:50 -0500
How to pickup and insert values for individual column widths from
variables/params/(any other value holder with local scope) already
present in the XSL by limiting the number of values picked up to a
variable that defines the number of columns or a separate count ?

Basically I want to be able to specify in a template for a section the
values for the column widths for a table that is present in that
section.
 that matches a table XML structure the

<xsl: template match section >
<!-- values for column widths -->
col 1 = 20
col 2 = 30
col 3 = 10
col 4 = 40
col 5 = "" <!-- may or may not be null ...that issue is open >

<apply-template table/>

<xsl: /template>

<xsl: template match "table">

<! Will use those values and apply them to the columns that it creates
dynamically based on the number of columns present in the XML structure

How can I define the following so as to easily pickup values while
iterating over the above value set defined in the XSL

THOUGH PROCESS :::
--------------------------
whats the best way to create and use values for lookup such that you can
loop through it (like a key value pair that can be looped through )

Basically if I have J=10 values defined

MC0 = 10
MC2 = 12
MC3 = 9
MC4 = 17
..
etc.

(these values must be stored somehow in the XSL file)

How can I iterate and limit the pick up of values from 0 to I where I is
another variable that is less than J=10.

1st. How would you suggest storing the values ? variables ? params ?
key()
(I have not used key before.. just read somewhere that it can be used as
such)

2nd. If I use one of the above structures for iteration then how do I
iterate through and limit the pickup of values to I ??

I want to be able to define the use of the variables based on an
Iterator.

Abhishek Sanwal
HP - Houston Campus
abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx