Re: [xsl] [announce] XMLSPY 2004 available, introducing MAPFORCE 2004

Subject: Re: [xsl] [announce] XMLSPY 2004 available, introducing MAPFORCE 2004
From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:56:36 -0400
XMLSpy must cost a ridiculously large amount, since not only does Altova not bother to include the price in its announcement. It doesn't include it on the web site, and won't even let you look at the price before putting it in the shopping cart. And of course, the shopping cart doesn't work, so you can't even see the price that way.

This is deceptive and dishonest. I don't object to people charging for software, but I very much object to companies trying to hide their pricing or charging different users different prices depending on what they think they can get away with.
--

  Elliotte Rusty Harold
  elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx