RE: [xsl] XSL Schama Importer

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL Schama Importer
From: "Mark Wonsil" <wonsil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:02:11 -0400
> I am looking for an XML schama importer that will create a
> schama from a COBOLCopybook......

Well, a Cobol Copylib can contain Data Division items as well as Procedure
Division snippets.  I assume you want to take Cobol data definitions and
make a XSchema representation of them.  There are a few issues:

- Cobol Data can be binary (COMPUTATIONAL items), XML is all UNICODE, so you
would have to encode binary data or change the value to a string.

- Items can be PACKED, this internal representation was used to save space
and really has no meaning in this context.

- Items can be REDEFINED, i.e. the same memory can be referenced in two
different manners.

- How do you represent conditionals (88 level items)

Unless your data definitions are all DISPLAY and have no redefines, I would
probably not travel too far down this road.