RE: [xsl] [announce] XMLSPY 2004 available, introducing MAPFORCE2004

Subject: RE: [xsl] [announce] XMLSPY 2004 available, introducing MAPFORCE2004
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:04:25 -0400
[Peter Flynn]

> Takes its time but eventually gets there. The user shouldn't
> have to drill down that far just to get a price though.
>
> 	Home/School	$49
> 	Pro		$478
> 	Enterprise	$1188

 I found the prices, too.  Not totally obvious, though.  Finally they
have a home user version at a price that is relatively affordable.
IMHO, the main reason to use Spy is for XML Schemas (and, to a lesser
degree, for DTDs) - I think their graphical interactive view  is much
better than the other products I have tried so far.  Conversely, I
intensely dislike their XML editing view - just a matter of taste, I
expect.

But it seems from the feature matrix that the home edition does not
support schema aggregation like import and include.  That would just
about rule it out for me.  You need a tool to help you make sure all the
imports, etc., work together correctly.  Of course, there is always xsv,
which is almost a necessity to cross-check the other schema tools ...

Cheers,

Tom P